Summer Grand Prix 2017
There will be 6 possible races for competitors to enter in this summer’s event. Scoring will be based on a runner’s four best results. The possible races to enter are
Dates for the Summer Grand Prix
Sunday April 30th Sand Dancer 10k. South Shields.
Sunday May 21st Raby Castle 10k
Thursday June 29th Angel View appx 6 miles
Saturday July 8th – Albert parkrun Middlesbrough (this replaces previous race on 9th which was full
Sunday August 13th Darlington 10k
Sunday August 27th Auckland Castle 5 mile trail race. Bishop Auckland.
Entry to the Summer Grand Prix series should be made in advance by just messaging Gary on facebook (or email ) just to say you want to enter. By April 9th please at the latest. Runners need to enter the separate races individually of course.
Runners can compete in any or all of the following categories a)Handicap prize 1st/2nd/3rd b)Age Graded prize 1st/2nd/3rd Runners will have the option to form teams of 3 to compete in the Team Prize.
Winter Grand Prix 2016-17
- There will be 4 races in the Series. These are
- Sunday November 13th -Memorial 10k Newcastle
- Sunday December 18th – Loftus 8 mile Poultry Run
- Saturday February 4th – Parkrun 5k – Blackhill
- Sunday March 19th – Thirsk 10 mile
Go to http://www.northeastraces.com/ for further race details
- Entry to the Grand Prix series should be made in advance by just messaging Gary on facebook (or email email@example.com) just say you wish to enter. Runners need to enter the separate races individually of course.
- Runners will be given a time handicap based on a best fairly recentish parkrun time (or if necessary another appropriate race). The handicap will be calculated by the independent ‘Handicapping Committee’and their decision is final. The handicap will last the whole series and it will be applied to times after the race has been run to allow for point calculation. It obviously will not affect start times!!
- Runners who sign up for the Grand Prix will automatically be entered for the Team Competition as well as the Individual competition.
- Scoring for the Individual Competition: At the end of a race each runner’s time will be adjusted according to their predicted race time based on their handicap. These times will then be ranked. The runner who gets a time furthest below their predicted time scores 1 point; next gets 2 points; next scores 3 points etc. The series winner will be the runner who has least points overall. Runners will pick their 3 best scores from the 4 races on the calendar (so all races need not be entered). If a runner misses a race then that runner will automatically be awarded the maximum points possible (which will be equal to the number who enter the whole race series).
- Team Competition: Teams of 3 will be randomly drawn when entries close and all names are in. Scoring for the each Team will be based on adding together team member scores for each race. Once again the points will be based on a comparison with a predicted time. The two runners with the lowest scores in each team will count in each race. The Team Competition will be based on all four races.
- Grand Prix Individual Winner – Trophy and T shirt
- Runner Up – Trophy
- First Team – T shirt each member
- Age Graded Prize First/Second Place – Average Age Graded Score based on 3 races – Trophy
- All runners who complete the minimum 3 race requirements will receive a limited edition glass to commemorate their achievement.
- It is hoped that runners will try and come along to the ‘meet up’ (tea/coffee/chips/drink/whatever ) that will be planned for after each race.